We (Evatech) was proudly
one of the first Australian retailers to offer a fully featured website that put customers in control of their custom PC builds, while ensuring you don’t accidentally order a system that isn’t compatible. Over the years, we’ve heard from our customers that our website is the best experience they’ve found, and we thought we’d check out what the competition has to offer.
We were fairly surprised to see that nobody has caught up to us. Here at Evatech, since launching our custom PC builder, we’ve never stopped coming up with ways to make it better or easier to use. Yet our competition are still years behind, lacking even the most basic features.
- Instant on page incompatibility checking on all major component combinations (tens of millions of possible combinations) !
- On page PSU wattage requirement calculator, because higher wattage means nothing if your not using it!
- Performance indicators for all the latest and greatest PC games so you know what to expect before you spend a dime.
- Order tracking from the moment you checkout so you can check in on every state of the process from invoicing to building, testing, packing and dispatch.
- A very clear yet comprehensive guide to putting together a well rounded custom gaming PC for those not so familiar with PC hardware, available to browse as you build.
- The ability to save configurations indefinitely, re-edit them, share them with friends or family for advice and come back later when it’s most convenient for you.
- A physical location in Melbourne where local customers can drop in and get real advise from the team who are happy to walk you through every step of the process and take the order right there over the counter.
- Secure, well packaged and fully insured courier delivery. We’ve shipped tens of thousands of fragile high powered custom PCs nation wide and know how to do it right.
Let’s compare. Continue reading “Evatech vs the Rest. Custom PC Retailers Compared”
One of our recent customers requested that we take a picture of the hardware for his build before we opened any of the retail packaging, similar to what people do on popular website reddit when posting their own PC build logs.
We’re quite a transparent business and team, so had no problem catering to a simple request such as this.
Here are the pictures we sent through to the customer.
And a little teaser while he waited for the PC to ship out to him…
While most of our customers don’t get SLI systems, there are of course some that do, and for most of these customers, the regular SLI bridge that comes with the motherboard is sufficient.
Then there are some customers who demand nothing but the best from their hardware, and we can’t blame them. This particular customer was spending over $6,000 on their system, before the 4K monitor they also ordered – so when he asked if we could get our hands on a high-bandwidth bridge instead, we had no problem fulfilling the request.
Here’s the pictures!
And here’s a regular SLI bridge, for comparison.
Ho-ho-ho! … What, too soon?
Tip: The above image is not designed to update, you have less than the time above!
The lead-up to Christmas is undoubtedly one of the busiest times of year for us. Every year we’re glad to be able to say that every customer has had their PC order delivered before the big day, and we’re on track to keep that tradition this year again.
So why are we posting about this 120 days out from the day? 120 days is the maximum length of our lay-by period. Meaning, if you put in a PC order today and paid it off within 120 days* then you’ll have one less gift to worry about later on!
Check out our full terms of lay-by (includes instructions on how to lay-by)
Get shopping for a PC
If you have any questions about anything, be sure to let us know by contacting us. Our helpful sales/support staff are always happy to answer questions and get you pointed in the right direction.
A reminder that our lay-by system requires full payment to be made before order processing can begin. This means you must pay the order total before you can get any part of your order. We currently do not have a financing option available and would suggest for those interested to look into a personal loan or a credit card.
* Last payment should be made in slightly under 120 days from now. This will allow time for us to confirm payments and build, test, and ship (if not able to do pickup in store) the PC in time.
This weekend only, ordering a custom PC from us will get you one, multiple, or all of the below listed specials, depending on how much your PC comes to!
Note that as an added bonus, we are offering free shipping by using voucher code SHIPFREE during checkout!
To ensure you get all of the tiers you are entitled to, please enter each code individually, and each free product will appear in your cart as fully discounted.
Happy shopping! 😀